April 19, 2022
One of the top contemporary natural law philosophers, J. Budszizewski joins the show to discuss his new book. How (and how not) to be happyspiritual warfare in the classroom and his journey from “macho nihilism” to faith.
- Why virtue alone does not bring happiness
- Why the Greeks said, “Don’t call anyone happy until they’re dead”
- A critique of the Stoic Revival
- How belief in the afterlife enables us to be honest about the suffering in this life
- Teaching secular students about natural law
- Breaking through people’s self-deception
- Budszizewski’s youthful embrace of nihilism and how God broke his intellectual pride
How (and how not) to be happy
Underground Thomist website http://www.undergroundthomist.org
Sign up for Online Great Books with 25% off your first three months via this link https://hj424.isrefer.com/go/ogbmemberships/tmirus/.
Other recommended books by J. Budszizewski:
What we can’t know: A guide https://www.amazon.com/What-We-Cant-Not-Know/dp/1586174819
The meaning of sex https://www.amazon.com/Meaning-Sex-J-Budziszewski/dp/1610170997
CatholicCulture.org is in the midst of its Easter 2022 fundraiser. Generous donors have offered us a $60,000 Matching Challenge Grant. If you donate between now and Pentecost Sunday, your donation will be doubled! Please help us keep our apostolate going. If you use this link, your donation will be earmarked for podcast production: http://catholicculture.org/donate/audio