FiveThirtyEight is looking for a temporary video producer to join our team full-time from mid-July to mid-November. This person will present videos about US politics, create and edit storyboards, and play an integral role in our coverage of the 2022 midterm elections.
The Video Producer will report to and work with the Senior Video Producer to direct and edit a short video series that will provide our audience with a deeper, data-driven understanding of American politics. They will also be responsible for editing the video version of the FiveThirtyEight Politics podcast, which comes out twice a week. During primary elections, the second weekly episode is often filmed on Tuesday nights, after the election results are in. Therefore, the video producer has to be prepared to sometimes handle a shifted schedule that will involve some late nights.
The video producer will be working closely with the rest of the FiveThirtyEight video team; FiveThirtyEight reporters, visual journalists and editors; and the graphics team at ABC News Digital. This is a US based position and work may be done remotely or from our New York City office. Candidates should be able to work 40 hours per week on an Eastern Time Zone schedule. To apply, please send a resume and two clips to email@example.com by Sunday, June 19 with the subject “Temporary Video Producer”.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro
- Ability to script and storyboard
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Multi-cam editing experience
- Ability to communicate via visual style and provide thoughtful, constructive feedback to animators and other collaborators
- Solid news verdict
- General knowledge and interest in US election politics
- Interested in data journalism
- Experience working in an editorial office
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Illustrator
- Ability to light a studio shoot
- Experience filming with a Canon C300
- Experience managing a remote film crew
- Experience editing in video podcasts for multiple guests